I find Julie’s manifesto the most authentic and effective approach for leading design team in an innovative environment.
These are my takings:
1) Don’t obstruct progress for ego.
2) Give encouragement more than opinions.
3) Build the framework to ensure that the best decisions get made.
4) Don’t say anything if it’s not actually contributing to the discussion.
5) Figure out how you can help people to be self-sufficient.
6) Find the more efficient way to do the things you do.
7) Sweep up the crumbs even if nobody will know you did it.
8) Don’t write people off, everybody learn and grow.
9) Get the full story before making a decision.